Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hello again.

I am having a fine time in Germany. I have taken a rest from traveling and have allowed myself to settle into my work and become acquainted to Darmstadt. The city is beautiful and the university campus is surrounded by fields and forest with wonderful running trails.





Tomorrow, the I begin traveling again. I will go first to Heidelberg for a meeting of all the students participating in the RISE program. Then I will travel all the way to Vienna to visit James Hall, a recent Lawrence University graduate who is living there and playing trombone. Both of these trips should be great. Following all this traveling I think I will sleep for a few days, which will be perhaps even better.

I have had few chances to play my trombone. I live in a student dorm where, of course, a trombone is much to loud. In fact, (and this was a surprise to me) buzzing on just the mouthpiece is too loud; my neighbor complained. This turned out all right though, because now I go to a nearby park to buzz on my mouthpiece. It is a very peaceful and pleasant way to practice.

No comments: